A Letter of Advice – Everyday Theater

Dear T

Hey, it’s Jack

Last night was wild, remember when you drank an entire bottle of soda last night. You must’ve woken up the neighbors with a burp that loud. Anyways, I’ve noticed that you haven’t been as open to me as before. You’ve been like this for a couple months now. I was so worried when you came to class with bruises on your face. I’ve heard that you’re going through a rough time at home. So I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime, you know, to clear your head. Maybe we could check out that new ice cream shop. If you don’t want to come, that’s okay, but I would like to give you some advice. I’ve always believed that doing stuff you enjoy is the best way to blow off steam. You could even find something new to do. Whenever I’m stressed, I find that playing video games helps me to calm down. Instead of focusing on the stuff that makes you unhappy, push those thoughts aside and focus on the stuff that makes you happy. If it gets rough at home, you’re welcome to crash at my place any time. Just know that I’ll always be there for you. Although, if you do crash at my place, don’t bring any beers, we’re only twelve. Anyways, I hope things get better at home, bye.

From your Dear friend, Jack