My Coat of Arms

A few days ago my class decided to look into the new bishop of Auckland, Stephen Lowe. One of the things we looked at was his coat of arms. Everything on his coat of arms signified something. It seemed cool so our teacher decided we should make our own coat of arms. Our coat of arms not only had to be good looking, it also had to be personal.

The color resembles the Filipino and American flag

The cross signifies me as being catholic, the jewels are the number of people in my main family

The seven stars on the blue banner represents me and my dad both being born on the seventh day in our birth month

The suns and the lion represents my zodiac sign, Leo

The grape vine represents all of my extended family, the right side is my dad’s, the left side is my mom’s. The grapes that are blue have died, the ones surrounded by thorns are divorced

The motto is my favorite part of the coat of arms. It means that you should live the way you want to live, don’t let other people’s standards and expectations change who you are, be your natural self.

Those are all the hidden meanings in my coat of arms. All of these relate to me in some way.